Monday, July 29, 2013

Season 1 FINALE - Week 6 - THREE ways to wear ONE item

This season has been so fun! We have been so inspired and have received some great advice from our fashionistas. We are finishing the season with a BANG! The theme, "3 ways to wear 1 item" 

Enjoy! Voting for all 6 weeks will be open until August 8th

3 ways to wear a Dress
Personally I was most excited for this final challenge! I'm a big fan of mixing and matching items and trying to work with items I already have in my closet. I decided I wanted to show 3 different ways to wear a little white dress. I know everyone has heard of the term "little black dress" but I personally think that everyone should own a "little white dress" for summer. This dress is beyond comfortable and super flattering. It's been really challenging finding modest dresses that fit my new postpartum figure but this Lulu*s dress fits me perfect in all the right areas. 
Look #1 is perfect for a hot date. I think light gray and white are a perfect color combination for a cool summer's night. I decided to vamp things up and accessorize with bright red lips and heels.
Look #2 is a great semi casual look. I wore the dress as a skirt and just had to worry about wearing a top that would also work for nursing my little babe.
Look #3 is an awesome day look. I wore this outfit to go shopping. I personally can't wear heels for more than a couple hours so this is where my handy dandy salt waters came in. This back also works as a really stylish diaper bag.

3 ways to wear a Skirt
From evening to day, from summer to winter, this skirt is one of my favorites. Incredibly versatile and goes with almost anything. A good a-line skirt is a staple to any girls closet, I especially love mine in the leather. Blog * Instagram * Facebook * Pinterest

3 ways to wear a Chambray
The Chambray is one of the most versatile fashion items I own. You can dress it up or you can dress it down.  I'm showing you the chambray three ways - but there are definitely more than three options. Put it under, wear it over, tie it up... you name it, you can wear it. There are lots of options for this button up top and they all look awesome and stylish, no matter where you are! Check out more chambray styling over at Love, The Skinnys.

3 ways to wear a T-Shirt
Stripes are ridiculously versatile. A simple striped top can be transformed into numerous different looks, and here are just a few of them.
1) Pairing it with a blazer, scarf and jeans (see post here).

This in itself can be taken in numerous different directions by using different colors blazers and scarves.
2) Tuck it into a high-waisted skirt (see post here).
3) Layer it under a chambray button up.
You can change this up by using almost any button up.
To see other ways I styled my striped t-shirt go to my post 9 Ways to Wear a Striped Tee

3 ways to wear a Jacket
My green army jacket is one of my favorite clothing pieces of all time. I wear it all year round- layered to class, the movies, and even shopping. Whether your personal style is cool, chic, or girly, a green army jacket should definitely be a part of your wardrobe. You can check out all three of my outfits on my blog, Sealed With Style. (www.sealed-with-style.com) I'd love to hear which look is your favorite! 

3 ways to wear a Hat
I had been searching for the perfect black wool hat for FOREVER! I had purchased two online that I liked but they weren't quite what I wanted. There was a city wide garage sale and I found this little gem for $4! It has quickly become my favorite go to hat. I can dress up a simple t-shirt and jeans or add a little extra to a nice dress or skirt. What's even better it can work for any season!! Perfect wardrobe staple.

3 ways to wear a Dress
I absolutely love this dress. It's comfortable and fits well, it's cool for the summer and easy to layer. I love that I can throw a blouse over the top or add a blazer and I can totally change the look.
~Sophie (sisters 4)

1 comment: